Suggestion: Time-History Analysis

05-Future developments & requests
humam2104

Suggestion: Time-History Analysis

Post by humam2104 »

Is it possible to start the analysis from a certain time (let's say 20s instead of zero?)
This would make alot of analyses easier to run.. especially since the analysis stops sometimes because of convergence criteria. This way, I could start the analysis from the spot the causes issues and check the new convergence criteria to see if the problem is solved without starting from zero.
(Performance criteria may not be accurate in this case, but the feature would still prove very useful).
z.gronti

Re: Suggestion: Time-History Analysis

Post by z.gronti »

Dear human2104,

In Time-history stages you are not able to modify the beginning of the 1st stage, which is always zero. You may, however, insert multiple time-history stages with different time steps, i.e. you may set for example the 1st time-history stage from 0sec until 20sec with a large time step and the second time-history stage from 20sec until the end of your accelerogram with the proper time step.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
humam2104

Post by humam2104 »

So, there's no way to start the analysis directly from stage 2? I hope you can add this feature because it can help simplify things out
humam2104

Post by humam2104 »

And thanks for the advice about the multiple stage loading. I think this will do for now.

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”