Suggestion: SPF File Creator

05-Future developments & requests
humam2104

Suggestion: SPF File Creator

Post by humam2104 »

The SPF file creator can create multiple files from a single file. And after that you can edit the properties of these files.
But I can't change multiple properties of multiple files UNLESS I CREATE THEM.
therefore, I suggest that you allow SPF File Creator to access already opened files to modify their properties quickly.
I have multiple files that have different Earthquake loadings each, and modifying these files is not possible. And it's not possible to add a different earthquake file to each file. So, this solution would solve this problem.

Also, Even if you created multiple files using SPF file creator, you can't change these files afterwards. I need to modify (Project Settings) for some files but I can't because I already created them.
seismosoft

Re: Suggestion: SPF File Creator

Post by seismosoft »

The solution to this issue is to load all the time histories on the spf file, and then with the SPF creator to change the curve in the Applied Loading module. Note that you may use Excel to make the required changes (i.e. copy and paste to and from Excel data).
Note also that there is no way to link SPF Creator with the generated spf files, hence it is not possible to change the file after they are generated.
Seismosoft Support
humam2104

Re: Suggestion: SPF File Creator

Post by humam2104 »

That's why I'm thinking about a suggestion that enables this feature. This program is very professional and a feature like this wouldn't hurt

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”