Important tip

05-Future developments & requests
Claudia_Aguilar

Important tip

Post by Claudia_Aguilar »

I suffered many months with the model of an irregular building, where the Pushover analysis was not generated. Then I discovered that the program generated beams on other existing beams and nodes that shared the same coordinates (x, y, z). I hope you can put some restrictions so that at least the program does not generate more than one node per coordinate. Thank you very much, the program is very good, only that failed.
z.gronti

Re: Important tip

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Claudia_Aguilar,

The program does not automatically generate beams or nodes at the same location. Users define the location of their model's nodes and elements.
We would like to mention that other users need the option of assigning multiple elements at the same nodes for their modelling.
Finally, the option of having multiple nodes with the same coordinates is needed also, because if you want to assign a link element for example, you should have two nodes with the same coordinates, hence we cannot limit the option of defining multiple nodes with the same coordinates.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
Claudia_Aguilar

Post by Claudia_Aguilar »

I had these problems when modeling the structure in the "Building Modeler". Since when creating a project from the "Building Modeler", the model is automatically generated in the SeismoStruct program. Therefore, I did not focus on the creation of the elements "one by one" as would be done directly in SeismoStruct. I hope they check it too, because for very large and irregular structures, as it is my case, it is much more comfortable to work from the "Building Modeler".
Thank you.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Claudia_Aguilar,

When you model your structure within the Building Modeller no beams or nodes are automatically generated at the same location. Users should assign multiple beams at the same location in order to export them to SeismoStruct. As far as the multiple nodes with the same coordinates are concerned, this is something that should not happen because the program automatically generates the nodes and it generates only the neseccary ones. Could you please send me the *.bmf file that leads to multiple nodes with the same coordinates to check it?
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”