SeismoBatch

05-Future developments & requests
huffte

SeismoBatch

Post by huffte »

The new SeismoBatch utility is a great new tool. The utility permits the user to run several models at once, choose an element, choose a response parameter, and subsequently extract results for said response from all models into a single output file. This output text file may then me imported into other software - Excel, for example - for further post-processing.

For example, I had a model of an isolated structure and wanted to analyze for 28 different accelerogram inputs. I simply made my initial SeismoStruct model and subsequently changed the loading specification 28 times, saving as a new model each time. So I had 28 models with the only difference being the loading. In SeismoBatch, I was able to extract my desired responses from all 28 models into one output file.

This could also be useful even if you did not need to extract results. Say you have 4 or 5 large models, completely separate structures, and you wanted to let them run overnight. SeismoBatch should do the trick.

The program runs nicely in the background and does not monopolize the computer's resources at all on my machine.

One possible improvement would permit the user to select both the independent and the independent parameter for plots. In other words, let the user output D2 versus F2 for link elements, for example. Currently only response versus time is possible it seems.

I encourage users to try the utility out. It's a nice addition to a fantastic suite of programs.
Tim Huff
z.gronti

Re: SeismoBatch

Post by z.gronti »

A new video for SeismoStruct Batch Facility is now available in the following links:
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=28 ... =2&theater
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur9OMR3 ... e=youtu.be
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
adeelfaisal

Post by adeelfaisal »

Thanks for sharing information such a useful tool. I've to analyze same bridge pier for several different accelerograms for studying hysteretic behavior. But the seismoBatch option is not available in the seismostruct I'm using. Please guide me on how to get it.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

SeismoStruct Batch facility is available in the new version of SeismoStruct v7.0. You may download the new version from the following link:
http://seismosoft.com/en/download_detai ... Download=2
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
adeelfaisal

Post by adeelfaisal »

Thanks a lot gronti.
adhikarir

Post by adhikarir »

Dear friends, thanks for sharing the usefulness of SeismoBatch utility. But, when I tried to extract the results, it says "Response Item Not Found" and extracts no results. I am using windows 7, and windows 8. Please help me sort out this problem.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Please make sure that the inserted item names, for which you want to export the results, do exist in the selected result files.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
adhikarir

Post by adhikarir »

Dear Miss Gronti, thank you that you replied fast.Yes, I had missed that part. I had provided a different 'Item Name' than that was in the SeismoStruct file.
Thank you so much!
adhikarir

Post by adhikarir »

Dear friends,
When I extract the shear force (V(3)), the values extracted are in the range of 10^(-14), but my actual values (looking at SeismoStruct results) are in the order of 1000. Why is there error with shear force in SeismoBatch?
saeed_nozhati

Post by saeed_nozhati »

Hi everyone,
I think that Seismobatch cannot work properly in the case of IDA and the error massage of "integer overflow" is shown even simple frame was modeled, right?

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”