SeismoBatch

05-Future developments & requests
fakharifar.mostafa

Re: SeismoBatch

Post by fakharifar.mostafa »

Indeed, you are right. I have experienced similar error for large number of IDA runs. However,I managed to get the work done without using SeismoBatch.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Indeed, there is a bug in SeismoBatch. There is a mixed up in the output of the results, whereas the analyses are correctly carried out. This will have been corrected for the upcoming release of the program.
As far as the error message of "integer overflow" is concerned, i couldn't recreate it in order to check it.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
adhikarir

Post by adhikarir »

How to extract the maximum inter-story drift in SeismoBatch?
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear adhikarir,

You may select to export the "relative displacement" response parameter for the appropriate nodes and find the maximum drift with the help of a spreadsheet program.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
adhikarir

Post by adhikarir »

Dear z.gronti, thank you! I was wondering if there is a faster way.
camiloph1988

Post by camiloph1988 »

Hi everyone

I'm currently doing a sort of parametric study for evaluating the applicability of a "new" pushover method to bridge structures; anyway, I have to run many analyses, NTHA and static pushovers, for that I'm using the seismobatch facility. I'm also comparing several response parameters from the NSP w.r.t the NTHA.
So, for example, I need the top's pier lateral displacement of the n piers of the bridge, and I need to extract these results multiple times, for each analysis (the NSP method I'm evaluating requires n pushover analysis to estimate the structure's response). Extracting results, node by node, or in order to be more general, parameter by parameter is quite cumbersome. I was wondering if there is a way of extracting results from multiple nodes or elements at one time in just one file; or if maybe you know how I can "program" this result's extraction. Right now I'm using the seismostruct post-processor (which is great) to extract the results I want, but it's taking me a lot of time, and since I have to do the same thing over and over again for a large number of analyses, I just wanted to know if maybe you know some way for me to save some time. Thank you very much in advance.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear camiloph1988,

In the current version of SeismoStruct Batch facility you are not able to extract results from multiple nodes or elements, but you may extract the results for the same node or element for all the executed analysis in a single file. The available video for SeismoStruct Batch facility might help you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur9OMR39b8c
https://www.facebook.com/22301629122752 ... =2&theater
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
miguel_r_c

Post by miguel_r_c »

Hi,

Will the up-cumming release of SeismoStruct Batch allow to extract the IDA envelope into a text file? It would be a great addition to this facility. Keep up the good work, very useful software.

Best regards,
Miguel.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Hi Miguel and thank you for your kind words,
With the current v7 release, you can get the IDA envelope from the post-processor.
Seismosoft Support
miguel_r_c

Post by miguel_r_c »

Hi,

Thank you for your fast response. I've been using the post-processor to get the IDA envelope, the thing is that for my master thesis i have to run numerous IDA's and would be of great help to use the SeismoStruct Batch to run and store the IDA envelops in text files so i can process them in matlab without having to do the "ctrl+c, ctrl+v process". Don't know if i made my situation clear, nonetheless thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Miguel.

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”