self-centering braces. SeismoStruct

05-Future developments & requests
Marwa

self-centering braces. SeismoStruct

Post by Marwa »

Dear Staff
Thnk you so much for very helpful your softwares.
I'm a research student and I was wondering if you could help me with modeling the self-centering braces with dampers that feature a flag shape behavior in tension and compassion. I've seen the link element added under the name SCB but I'm wondering for more information on how to best use it in modeling to give the true behavior of the brace.
Thank you for your time.
seismosoft

Re: self-centering braces. SeismoStruct

Post by seismosoft »

Hello Marwa,
The only additional tip that we can provide is that you need to apply the link+frame+link-for-damper elements all in series.
For the details of the curves and the elements, you probably need to discuss this with your supervisor, depending on your modelling needs.
Seismosoft Support
Marwa

Post by Marwa »

Dear Staff
Thank you so much for very helpful your software.

I prepared a model using the seismo-struct of the Christopoulos model for experimental verification of the large-scale quasi-static axis of the PT-SCED system, and the program gave a behavior that was very similar to the hysteretic behavior of the aforementioned practical experiment.
*I have attached this form to you in the link.
When I connected this model as part of the steel frame, it did not produce the desired behavior. I tried to make some changes until I achieved the desired behavior and was able to achieve re-centering, but I did not achieve the desired behavior, which achieves symmetry in the two parts of the upper and lower flag behavior.
*I have also attached this form for you.
I wonder if you can guide me to a modification that achieves the desired behavior.
Best Regards

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

I am not sure what you mean with desired behavior. Can you be a bit more specific?
Note that our policy in the forum is to provide guidance on specific problems that are described by our users, however we cannot provide assistance by correcting specific models (we cannot afford the time or the human resources for this).
Seismosoft Support

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”