Continue Analysis Feature

04-Future developments & requests
huffte

Continue Analysis Feature

Post by huffte »

The response time history tool in SeismoSignal is very handy. Once spectra have been generated, the response history may be plotted as a function of time for a selected period.

This is very useful for estimating residual displacements. It might even prove more useful if the user had the option of automatically continuing the response history analysis "x" seconds after the end of loading (after the end of the input accelerogram).

This would prove useful because in some cases, an accurate estimate of residual displacement cannot be obtained by simply reading the last value of displacement unless a few seconds of trailing zeroes are manually added to the input accelerogram first.

I would not call this a high priority item, but something which would be convenient if available.

Keep up the good work, SeismoSoft team.
Tim Huff
huffte

Re: Continue Analysis Feature

Post by huffte »

Now that I have thought about it more, it would actually be a valuable tool if, in addition to inelastic displacement spectra, the user could generate inelastic residual displacement spectra and inelastic residual-to-maximum displacement ratio spectra.

The information is already there. It would simply be a matter of generating the plot and table of values.

With the way structures are designed evolving and with performance-based-earthquake-engineering gaining influence, the team to come up with such a tool (I know of none currently, but there may be some I have missed) will have a valuable research asset.
Tim Huff
seismosoft

Re: Continue Analysis Feature

Post by seismosoft »

Thank you for the valuable suggestions Tim. We kept a note and we will add these new features in the next major release of SeismoSignal.

SeismoSoft Support

Return to “04-Future developments & requests”