Pushover Analysis Convergence Problems

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
Maher

Pushover Analysis Convergence Problems

Post by Maher »

Hi

I am facing a Convergence problem in my Seismostruct model when I am using linear and Tri-linear springs in the bridge piles. I performed Eigenvalue analysis and Respons spectra analysis without any problems, however, when I ran the pushover analysis it shows me convergence problems after 9th step and terminates after that . from the RSA the bridge can withstand displacement of 200 mm but I the pushover analysis it terminates at 10 mm with is not correct.

this issue happens when I release the moment at the bottom of the element connecting the stick deck and the piers
please if you have an idea how to solve this issue, I tried to change the convergence criteria but did not wor
seismosoft

Re: Pushover Analysis Convergence Problems

Post by seismosoft »

It is not a matter of only the convergence criteria. There are many reasons why the analysis cannot converge. You may refer to the particular section on the User's Manual on how to solve convergence problems. Furtheremore, with a search on the forum you will find dozens of posts on this issue.
Seismosoft Support
Maher

Post by Maher »

Hi ,

I went through the manual and performed all the steps, however, still I am facing the same problem
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Maybe the structure simply cannot resist the applied loading?
Also check with eigenvalue analysis that all the structural components are correctly connected
Seismosoft Support

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”