.SRF results file when using SeismoBatch facility

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
h.nribet

.SRF results file when using SeismoBatch facility

Post by h.nribet »

I have recently started using the SeismoBatch facility to run multiple non-linear time history analyses (NLTHA) on my model. I would typically run a maximum of 4 analyses at a time and things would go pretty smoothly, albeit the long computing duration (which was expected).
When using the "Extract results" option on executed/terminated analyses, things work just fine. However, when I try to open the original .spf file to visually check the results in the post-processor (.srf) as I have done in the past, I get an error message "Seismostruct found differences between the input .SPF and output .SRF"
This would seem rather strange as I have not encountered this problem in the past when running single files. I should point out that when opening the .spf files (whose analysis is finished) to check the results in the post-processor, the batch facility is still running some NLTHA on different files (with different names). Could it be due to the fact that the batch facility has not completed all the tasks it has been given?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
z.gronti

Re: .SRF results file when using SeismoBatch facility

Post by z.gronti »

Dear h.nribet,

I could not reproduced the reported error. Could you please send me your models to z.gronti@seismosoft.com to check it?
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
h.nribet

Post by h.nribet »

Hi z.gronti,

I have sent the file in question 2 weeks ago, have you had the occasion of looking over it?

Regards,

Hugo
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Hello h.nribet,
This is a known bug of previous releases of SeismoStruct. Please download the latest build of SeismoStruct 2018 from our website and things should be ok.
Seismosoft Support
h.nribet

Post by h.nribet »

Hello,

I have re-downloaded Seismostruct has instructed, even though I had the most recent version (release 2, build 50). The problem remains the same!
However, I did find the potential source of the problem: when the model includes "Groups" (of elements or nodes) and is run through Seismobatch, the aforementionned error appears. This is not the case when run normally through Seismosturct.

Any way around this?

Thanks

Hugo
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Hugo,

You are right. We will publish a new release with this bug fixed as soon as possible.
Thank you for reporting this problem.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Hugo,

The new release is available with the reported bug fixed.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”