Seismostruct found differences between the input.spf and out

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
QuerenSuriano

Seismostruct found differences between the input.spf and out

Post by QuerenSuriano »

Hi. I would like you help me please with this error

" Seismostruct found differences between the input.spf and output.srf files and the results cannot be displayed"

I erased all the files except .spf file, but I have the same error....

I only change Gravity/mass properties, before I had this problem
QuerenSuriano

Re: Seismostruct found differences between the input.spf and

Post by QuerenSuriano »

I have to add that it is a 4-story building. Half of story 4 is a roof with sloping roof and the other half is concrete slab. What I did was determine the loads of the sloping roof that support the columns of the fourth level through the software ETABS. All the other dead and live loads I applied to the beams, because I manually determined the loads that the slabs transmit with their tributary area to each beam (considering in my calculations the self-weight of the slab and the dead and living loads).
I did the test to eliminate in the program the nodal loads (product of the inclined ceiling) in the columns (which are in X direction and Y rotation) and the problem disappears, so I do not know how I could do to obtain the results taking in count the sloping roof.

thanks in advance for your valuable help
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Hello QuerenSuriano,
Apologies for this.
Can you please send the problematic spf file to support@seismosoft.com, so that we check things? This is a behaviour that should not happen.
Regards,
Seismosoft Support
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Hello QuerenSuriano,
It seems that there is a bug in the algorithm that checks the differences between the input and the output files of the project. The bug will be fixed in the new Release-2 of SeismoStruct 2018. In the meantime, we will compile during the next days a new executable and send it to you.
Note that the problem is caused by the point loads that are transformed to masses (Settings>Gravity and Mass tab). as an alternative, you could explicitly define the masses for the eigenvalue analysis.
Regards,
Seismosoft Support
QuerenSuriano

Post by QuerenSuriano »

Thank you Seismosoft Support

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”