03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
jessie_7

Re: Shear wall modelling

Post by jessie_7 »

Thank you.
jessie_7

Post by jessie_7 »

In modelling, using wall sections and wall spandrels or horizontally spanning wall sections, it appears that when inserted there is no connection between them and they are disjointed from each other? The nodes of the vertical sections are positioned at its centre and the spandrels at its and. Because of this they do not share a common node to be joined together.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

You need to apply element offsets or rigid links.
Seismosoft Support
jessie_7

Post by jessie_7 »

I noticed you said element offsets and not rigid offsets. Are the two the same as I have only noticed rigid offsets in the manual?
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

There are rig element offsets (at the ends of the frame elements) and rigid links (in the constraints module).
They both provide rigid parts in the sturcture. Please refer to the User's Manual to understand how they are used.

Seismosoft Support
jessie_7

Post by jessie_7 »

I received pushover curves, however the initial slope is rather steep. Can you kindly indicate what I may have possibly done wrong? I have attached a link showing the pushover curve that resulted.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnZaCHL2N2lYknb1SWNB-Jh0TE-g
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

We cannot obviously comment whether the results are correct or not, since we do not know your model details. However, the shape of the capcity curve is not unreasonable, the initial elastic part is always steep. You probably need to discuss such issues with your supervisor.
Seismosoft Support
jessie_7

Post by jessie_7 »

Noted. I tried exploring changing the different material properties and section properties, however it remained being steel. I was just wanted to know if there was any détail of the model other than those I explored that could influence the initial elastic part.
jessie_7

Post by jessie_7 »

Are you allowed to check models?
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Unfortunately, this is not something that we can do for all our academic users.
Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”