Pinched Hysteretic Loop

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
NumanZahid

Pinched Hysteretic Loop

Post by NumanZahid »

I have modeled a SDOF system in Seismostruct and want to simulate globe response of unreinforced masonry structure (Experimental study gives a pinched hysteretic loop) . what constitutive model should i assign to link element (inserted b/w 2 nodes).

Thanks !
huffte

Re: Pinched Hysteretic Loop

Post by huffte »

I would suggest a review of the available curves for link type elements in the Help system, which is quite detailed on the specifics for each curve. I think you and your supervisor are likely the most qualified to decide which curve most closely matches the behavior you wish to model. Best of luck NumanZahid.
Tim Huff
NumanZahid

Post by NumanZahid »

Thank You very much for your response Tim Huff.
I want to use "smooth" hysteretic model but the problem is that it has a lot of sensitive parameters. And i am facing problems in understanding these parameters.

If somebody has already worked on it, please help me.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Have you checked the help of the program and/or the manual? There is a detailed description of all the model parameters.
Seismosoft Support
NumanZahid

Post by NumanZahid »

Yes, I have checked the manual. But i am still unable to simulate the pinching behavior.

Thanks for your response.

Respect form Pakistan. (M.Sc. research student University of Engineering and Technology Peshawar, Pakistan)
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

In the help there are sets of settings that you could use, for instance the third set could be suitable for you.
If this is not good enough for you, you should probably refer to the corresponding publications: Sivaselvan and Reinhorn [1999] and Sivaselvan and Reinhorn [2001].
Seismosoft Support
NumanZahid

Post by NumanZahid »

Working on it !

Thank you very much for your response.

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”