invalid argument to date encode

01-Installation of new versions
ogokhan

invalid argument to date encode

Post by ogokhan »

Hi,
When I try to run SeismoSignal there occurs an error message saying "invalid argument to date encode". There is only one subject related to this error message in the forum. but that solution does not apply to me. because, the problem is valid for not only my pc. I also tried to run the program in another pc, and still the same error.
Could you please help?
seismosoft

Re: invalid argument to date encode

Post by seismosoft »

Hi,

Can it be that you do not have administrator rights in the computers where you are installing the software?

Please login as administrator, uninstall SeismoSignal from your system, manually delete the SeismoSignal folder (typically, C:\Program Files\Seismosoft\SeismoSignal) if not deleted by the uninstallation procedure, reboot the computer, and then reinstall the software, making sure that you are using the download currently available from our website.

Seismosoft Support
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

quote:Originally posted by Engineer1

Referring to the message "Invalid argument to date encode":
I did as you told, I reinstalled the latest version from your homepage and I am the administrator.
But still the message pops up.
Could there be any other reason for this?

As far as we know, this type of errors are related to access permission issues, which are normally solved by setting the program to "Run as administrator".

Seismosoft Support
ejf

Post by ejf »

We are experiencing the exact same error when launching Seismosignal. The error is "Invalid argument to date encode". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version several times, logged in as the local administrator. Rebooted several times and same error. I then downloaded the program on two different computers (3 total) and they all get the same error. Any ideas? It doesn't seem to be a permissions issue as I installed the program as the local admin and ran it with the same login. Thanks in advance!
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Hi,

We are sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing, which we have, however, not been able to reproduce, we are afraid.

In any case, we should be releasing this coming week a new version of the program, and perhaps this will do away with the difficulties you are currently experiencing.

Do let us know (once the new version comes out, of course).

Thank you,

Seismosoft Support

Return to “01-Installation of new versions”