Problems with Windows 7 and Windows Vista

01-Installation of new versions
pezhmankhan

Problems with Windows 7 and Windows Vista

Post by pezhmankhan »

when i tried to instal new version i recieved this error:

1155:File
C:\Users\My user name\Appdata\Local\Temp\{B1346...
not found

http://hosting11.imagecross.com/image-h ... signal.jpg
seismosoft

Re: Problems with Windows 7 and Windows Vista

Post by seismosoft »

We have installed the new version in a number of Windows 7 systems without experiencing these problems.

Do you have administrator rights in your machine? Can you try installing the software as an administrator and see if the problem still presents itself?

Seismosoft Support
Iamlucky

Post by Iamlucky »

I just installed SeismoSignal on my computer without any problems whatsoever. Before installing, please make sure you are logged on as an administrator. Right vlivk on the .exe file and click "Run as administrator".

Should install without any problems.

Let us know how you get on.
pezhmankhan

Post by pezhmankhan »

Yes i am an administrator.
Also i installed previous version without any problems.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Although we have not yet managed to understand why in some systems the installation fails, we have for the time being at least found a workaround for users to complete the installation:

- just go to the folder indicated in the error message (you might need to have to activate visualisation of hidden folders), and click on the SeismoSignal.msi file that you should find there.

In the meantime, we will keep on trying to solve the problem (clues or hints are most welcome!).

Seismosoft Support
Jawad

Post by Jawad »

Hi,

I installed the latest version of Seismosignal on my network computer which runs Win 7. Once the installation finished and I ran the program, Sophos (My Antivirus) detected: Suspicious file: Sus/Scribble-B been detected and moved to quarantine. Moreover, Windows gives me an error message reading: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. The message appears even when I run the program with the admin's mode.

Any thoughts to work around this?

Thanks in advance.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Dear Jawad,

We are sorry to hear about these problems. In preparing the release of SeismoSignal v5, we did take great deal of care to avoid false virus warnings as well as access rights difficulties. Indeed, we have tested the software in several Win7 systems (with very different configurations and different antivirus software) and all worked fine.

We cannot thus reproduce the problems you report, and hence cannot really suggest possible solutions (apart from the obvious one of setting your antivirus software to not check our program). Perhaps other users who have had similar experiences, and solved them, may provide you with some hints?..

Seismosoft Support
Jawad

Post by Jawad »

I asked the IT technician in our department. He informed me that other users had similar problem and therefore he gave me an earlier version of Seismosignal which works perfectly fine on my machine.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

If your IT colleague has any clues on what may be the reason behind this different behaviour, please do let us know, since, we repeat, we cannot reproduce such problems in the machines we have access to.

Thanks,

Seismosoft Support
MUM

Post by MUM »

Hi,

I have exactly the same error message; unfortunately i dont have even the previous version of Seismosignal and so I am lost.

Return to “01-Installation of new versions”