Hinge stiffness of RackH element

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
nuttaphon.B

Hinge stiffness of RackH element

Post by nuttaphon.B »

Hi

I have a question. Normally in rack structure, the plastic hinge method will be applied at both end of all column elements. But in RackH, I can define only moment rotation that need to identified initial stiffness. Currntly, I have moment capacity of my column but I not yet found an article about initial stiffness. Do you have any suggest about this instance? How to obtain column stiffness for input? ( I use bl_sym hinge)

Thanks
nuttaphon.B

Re: Hinge stiffness of RackH element

Post by nuttaphon.B »

Another question, Can I monitor my rack hinge response and define performance criteria of my structure. I would like to know the sequence of column reaching capacity. I found that rackH cannot define performance criteria. Do you have any suggest?
seismosoft

Re: Hinge stiffness of RackH element

Post by seismosoft »

Unfortunately, we cannot provide feedback on the initial stiffness of the rack element type. The stiffness of the rack depends on the shape of the section; to the best of our knowledge each manufacturer provides a diagram with the hysteresis of the cross-section.
Furthermore, we have not programmed yet performance criteria on the rack elements. This is a feature that will be included in a future version of the program.
Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”