resistive moment inversion

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
pasquale borgese

resistive moment inversion

Post by pasquale borgese »

Good morning,
I'm a student , and I use the Academic version. I have a problem with verifying the beam elements of a reinforced concrete building. Practically the software always gives me as OUTPUT the value of the resistant moment referred to a compressed area always in the upper part. So if the supported beam (on one end) has a negative acting moment (compressed area in the lower part of the section and in traction in the upper part), the program gives me a value as resisting moment for which it considers the compressed area in the upper part of the section and in traction in the lower part. I would like to ask you if there was a method to change this setting.
waiting for your reply,
Best regards
seismosoft

Re: resistive moment inversion

Post by seismosoft »

Can you please be a bit more specific?
With 'resistant moment' you mean the capacity of the T-shaped beams in the bending moments, code-based checks?
We checked the program and it seems that the bending moments are calculated correctly. Note that one factor that might confuse you is the reinforcement of the slab, which is actually considered in the calculations of the bending moments.
Thanks
Seismosoft Support

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”