Integer Overflow

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
tanmoy1971

Integer Overflow

Post by tanmoy1971 »

Hi, I got integer overflow in IDA analysis. File is mailed. Can you please give some instruction?
huffte

Re: Integer Overflow

Post by huffte »

Did you attempt a forum search on 'integer overflow'? You'll get several hits which may prove useful to you. Best of luck tanmoy1971.
Tim Huff
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Dear tanmoy1971,

We carried out the analysis with the model that you sent us, the error is caused by the fact that the output file exceeeds the seize of 2GB and the program cannot read after that. We recommend that you increase the output frequency from the Output tab.
Ona different note, a scaling factor of 3.5 (and more, you have prescribed factors up to 7) implies a pga of 1.5g. For that earthquake level, the deformations have reached 16m! Obviously, the building has long collapsed.

SeismoSoft Support
PVN

Post by PVN »

Hi! I don't want to make a new topic so I'm writing here because I have a similar problem.

I have the 7.0.1 version (academic license) installed on both my desktop and my laptop. There's no problem with it on the desktop (Win7) but on my laptop (Vista) this error message "Integer overflow" displays every time when I switch between tabs (Materials, Sections, Element Classes...). I cannot even run the verification examples, it gives another kind of error. The OS is Vista 32-bit with Service Pack 2. What might be the problem?
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear PVN,

Do you get the "Integer Overflow" message with the most recent version 7.0.3 of SeismoStruct also?
The folder that contains the Verification Examples is probably locked by your Windows system, which is the reason why you cannot run the analyses. This must be overpassed if you save the projects to another folder.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
PVN

Post by PVN »

Yes, I get that too with 7.0.3. But it's only on the Vista SP2 computer. On the one with Windows 7 there are absolutely no problems, it runs the verification examples with no problem.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Hi PVN,
The error that you get when trying to run the verification exaples is related to the permissions you have as a user to the Program Files folder, where SeismoStruct is installed and the verification examples folder exists (and in particular the write permissions). Please try to save the files on a different folder.

Seismosoft Support
PVN

Post by PVN »

When I save them in a different folder I'm able to run the examples but I cannot see the plot with deformations, forces, etc. And the "integer overflow" error messages still appear.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Can you please describe you system? Windows release, processor, memory, if you are using a vistual desktop etc.
Regards,
Seismosoft Support
PVN

Post by PVN »

System Information
------------------
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.101014-0432)
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-82 (2 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
Memory: 3294MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode
------------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
DAC type: Internal
DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 1899 MB

I'm using it "as is", with no additional software modifications like virtual desktop or such.

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”