Can seismo math select ground motion records

01-Installation of new versions
Tang Yu

Can seismo math select ground motion records

Post by Tang Yu »

hello£¡
if the seismo math can select the ground motion record for the history analysis£¬because I am from china £¬so is it creat target response spectrum of Chinese code £¿and based on this select the ground motion record £¬which can match to the target response spectrum £¡
Thank you very much£¡
huffte

Re: Can seismo math select ground motion records

Post by huffte »

Hi Tang Yu. I believe I understand your question. So I'll attempt to give a suitable answer.

Indeed, you can create a target spectrum from the Chinese code (or any other code for that matter) in SeismoMatch.

You cannot, however, let SeismoMatch select the record from a database which best fits the created target spectrum.

In SeismoMatch, you select both the target and the record. SeismoMatch will then attempt to modify the original record by adding wavelets such that a match of the modified record spectrum to the target spectrum is obtained within a given tolerance.

SeismoMatch, in my experience, gives excellent results. It is permissible in many codes to use such modified records to estimate mean structural response, but not the distribution, or variance, of structural response.

I hope this helps Tang Yu. And best of luck.
Tim Huff
Tang Yu

Post by Tang Yu »

Thank you for you answer huffte£¬ Indeed £¬in Chinese code permit to use
modified records to estimate mean structural response£¬ meanwhile£¬The code require us must use some records that have not be modified¡£So if the series of seismo software can achieve this objective-select the ground motion record for the history analysis£¬or if you have some methods to do it£¿such as some softwares or small programs£¬May I share them with you£¿ and Thank you£¡
Tang Yu

Post by Tang Yu »

Can you give me your email huffte£¬So I can learn more from you£¬Thank you very much£¡
huffte

Post by huffte »

Certainly, there are programs available for selecting ground motions to match a target spectrum and variance. Matlab programs by the Baker Research Group, GCIM Matlab software at the University of Canterbury, The PEER Ground Motion Database, and SignaSpectra are examples.

And there is also SeismoArtif, by the SeismoSoft team, for generating artificial accelerograms if you are so inclined. Certainly, Tang Yu, you are free to send questions via e-mail by clicking the user name. I encourage you to send SeismoSoft related issues via this forum for the benefit of all users.

Best of luck Tang Yu.
Tim Huff
Tang Yu

Post by Tang Yu »

OK,Thank you again huffte,can you send me the GCIM Matlab software and
the SignaSpectra by Email,I can not find them by visiting official website of University of Canterbury. I want to learn something from them and my Email address is£º452969980@qq.com .Thank you very much!

Return to “01-Installation of new versions”