Reading PEER/NGA accelerograms

04-Future developments & requests
ope

Reading PEER/NGA accelerograms

Post by ope »

Hello,

A feature that would be extremely useful would be to have SeismoSpect (also SeismoSignal) read the header information in PEER/NGA accelerograms (.acc format, 4 line header, multiple acc values per line after that). The header information includes the number of points and the time step. This would save a huge amount of time when loading multiple records.

I am envisioning a 4th radio button in the Input File Parameters dialog which would be "PEER accelerogram". The first line, last line, and dt values would all be automatically read from the .acc file (no user input required).

This way, one could just select a list of files (with different dt values), and load them all at once. This should be a very simple feature to add, and would be a great help.

Also, in order to do this, after clicking on "Load Multiple", a dialog box should pop up asking the format - currently it does not seem possible to specify the format for multiple load. Here one could then select "PEER accelerogram".

Currently, to use PEER/NGA files, each file has to be individually loaded, and the dt value has to be read by the user and typed in for each file. This is tedious and makes input errors frequent.

Regards
seismosoft

Re: Reading PEER/NGA accelerograms

Post by seismosoft »

Ope,

Many thanks for this pertinent suggestion, which we will certainly keep well in mind for possible future developments.

Seismosoft Support
adeelfaisal

Post by adeelfaisal »

I'm trying to download the acceleration time history from PEER website. I'm trying the link peer.berkeley.edu/smcat/data/ath/SFERN/PCDDWN.AT2
The time history appears on the screen but i cannot download it to my computer.Kindly share how you download the time histories from PPER website.
huffte

Post by huffte »

adeelfaisal, you should be able to get the accelerogram in one of two ways:

1. When the data shows on the screen, right-click->select all-> copy. Then open a text file editor, such as notepad, and paste. Save the file under the name and location desired.

2. In the screen just before you see the data, you will se the file name. Hover over the file name, right-click, and select save as. Then give the desired name and location.
Tim Huff
adeelfaisal

Post by adeelfaisal »

Bundle of thanks dear huffte. It helped a lot.

Return to “04-Future developments & requests”