Installation when there's new update

01-Installation of new versions
fernnie_gae

Installation when there's new update

Post by fernnie_gae »

When a new "Release XX-Build YY" is available, you get a notification to download it. But when you click to install it, a message appears saying you need to uninstall the current version on your computer first.

For example, if you have SeismoStruct 2024 Release 1-Build 2, and a new SeismoStruct 2024 Release 1-Build 6 is released, you're told to uninstall the old SeismoStruct 2024 and install the new one from Release 1-Build 6. Is this the right way, or am I doing it wrong? What I was thinking is that, when the version is still 2024 but only the "Release XX-Build YY" changes, then a program update will run, not a full "uninstall-reinstall" procedure.

Additionally, how does this affect licensing, especially for network licenses? Do I need to do something with the network functions again in the client pc? From what I've tried before, uninstalling the old SeismoStruct and installing the new one worked fine without redoing the network functions in the client pc. I just want to confirm to avoid any future issues. Thank you.
z.gronti

Re: Installation when there's new update

Post by z.gronti »

Dear fernnie_gae,

The best method is to uninstall the previous release and install the current one. This will not affect the registered licenses, i.e no other action should be requested by the program.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “01-Installation of new versions”