Unit in modelling n what units in results

02-Getting started with the modelling
iamvishal1

Unit in modelling n what units in results

Post by iamvishal1 »

In incremental dynamic analysis, after completion of analysis when we check the results , Global Response parameters in that Structural displacement the
Max displacement shown the graph what is it's unit for the displacement in graph or values. The only model units shows under length:m, Force: kN but whats is the displacement unit in results it should not be in 'm'. It's confusing
So plz anyone suggest me in units information of seismostrut.
z.gronti

Re: Unit in modelling n what units in results

Post by z.gronti »

Dear iamvishal1,

You may define your model's units in the Units Selector module. Please refer to SeismoStruct's User Manual or Help System for more information.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
iamvishal1

Post by iamvishal1 »

Sir,
The units in the unit selector are for model , but displacement results should be in "mm" not in "m" it creats problem & it doesn't show unit when results checking
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear iamvishal1,

The selected units in the Units Selector will be the units of the analysis results also. For example, if you select "m" for length in the Units Selector then you will get the displacement values in "m" in the Post Processor. Finally, you may view the units of the results in the bottom line of the Post-Processor.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
iamvishal1

Post by iamvishal1 »

Sir, 6.039m and 29.94 m displacement is then results is that possible in applying time history.... it's very high displacement... displacement should be in mm
iamvishal1

Post by iamvishal1 »

Sir ,
Every time I Run the analysis the results shown for different building are same , I am not getting that I apply chichi ground motion for G+4 and G+10 building both time it shows the displacement in "m" and in "mm" i.e. 29.562. what is exactly happening with this issue plz help me for that The modeling is done by me as per the video tutorial but it doesn't give satisfactory results. Plz help me to out from this issue.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear iamvishal1,

The results you receive depend on your input. Please check your model carefully, like for example the applied loads, the curve multiplier that you use for the dynamic time-history loads, etc.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
iamvishal1

Post by iamvishal1 »

Hello sir,
I Request you sir can please me One seismostrut model with results then I can better understood the all results and what exactly wrong in my model.
It's very humble request to you sir any model with results you give to me it's very useful for me to do further thesis work. Email id : v.kamble522@gmail.com
Please respond to my request sir .
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Hello iamvishal1,
Seismosoft, being a relatively small company, cannot obviously provide for free full and personalized support to our thousands of users. For instance the members of our forum are almost 17,000, if we debugged one model for each one of them, it would require to have 5-10 people working on this exclusively.
You will be able to find plenty of resources in this forum but also in the users manual, the help system of the program and in Youtube channel. Make sure to have checked all these and you will probably find the answer to your questions. In addition, you can post your general questions in the forum and you will certainly get your answers. However, in no way can Seismosoft replace the role of your supervisor.

Seismosoft Support
iamvishal1

Post by iamvishal1 »

If I send may model to your email address can you check it what's the exactly issue is.
While checking relative displacement it gives 11.057 it should be in meter then how it can be measured between two nodes , As per your reply when unit in meter ans will be in also meter but displacement how it can be measured for evry scale factor in Incremental Dynamic analysis

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”