Link connection between frame and infill

02-Getting started with the modelling
MarTgr88

Link connection between frame and infill

Post by MarTgr88 »

Hi,

can anyone help me to connect infill wall with the surrounding frame with the link element?

I have made an infill wall 5cm smaller then the frame on all sides. Now I want to connect infill wall with the frame with the link element. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Marko
seismosoft

Re: Link connection between frame and infill

Post by seismosoft »

First, the infiil element implemented in SeismoStruct features offsets at the four nodes that model the volume of the surrounding columns and beams (see discussion in the help system about internal and external nodes of the infill elements). Hence, there is no need to introduce new nodes. Note that the 5cm distance implies a width of the columns of 10cm which seems to be small.
Secondly, if you want to introduce link elements at the four nodes, this can be done employing the gap/hook or the lin_asm curves to allow tension and prevent compression. In general, however, this is only needed in very refined models, since in the general case the inf_strut and inf_shear curves can model satisfactorily the structural behaviour.
For further information see the relevant verification report models that are included in the installation.

Seismosoft Support
MarTgr88

Re: Link connection between frame and infill

Post by MarTgr88 »

I understand what I was doing wrong.

Thank you for the answer!

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”