Issue with the Response Spectrum Analysis in SeismoStruct

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
ashtari

Issue with the Response Spectrum Analysis in SeismoStruct

Post by ashtari »

I have recently used SeismoStruct to perform Response Spectrum Analysis (RSA). It seems to me that there is a problem with the RSA. I was modelling a single circular column, symmetric in all directions. The problem is that the software does not apply the response spectrum in the Y direction. I thought first that the problem is with the Eigenvalue analysis, but the mode shapes and the participation factors seemed fine. I have also checked that both horizontal directions are considered from the analysis options. However, the deformation values for the Y direction is zero!!
I am not sure what is the problem. Please help me with that.

Thanks
seismosoft

Re: Issue with the Response Spectrum Analysis in SeismoStruc

Post by seismosoft »

Indeed there was a bug in the Response Spectrum Analysis of SeismoStruct 2016, which is already fixed in the new version of the software, SeismoStruct 2016, Release-2.

Best Regards,
Seismosoft Support
brmgirod

Post by brmgirod »

I am currently using SeismoStruct 2016, Release-6 that I just downloaded from your website and I am having the exact same issue. The model is struggling to compute the deformations in the Y direction.

Is this problem recurrent?

Thanks
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear brmgirod,

I cannot reproduce the problem you mentioned. Could you send me your model at z.gronti@seismosoft.com to check it?
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
brmgirod

Post by brmgirod »

Hi,

I found the issue, the deformed shape viewer doesn't show the right deformed shape, but the global displacement tab indeed work. I'm sending you my model in order for you to see the issue.

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”