decimal places

03-Unexpected behaviour/errors
civilm

decimal places

Post by civilm »

hello, i want the results of response spectra (period and acceleration...etc) to be with more decimal places.i go to tools->settings->general-No of decimal places, i change it but then when i push refresh it doesnt change. it gives me the results T:0.000, PSA:0.2598 at every time.can you help me?
huffte

Re: decimal places

Post by huffte »

Hi civilm.

I get the same behavior that you do. It seems that the number of decimal places in SeismoSignal only gets applied to the time series data, not the response spectra data.

However, you can open the same time history files in SeismoSpect and get the requested decimal places in the computed response spetra. I would suggest that you try SeismoSpect.

SeismoSignal still has advantages for some proceses, but in my experience, SeismoSpect is the better choice for processing time histories to get response spectra and ground motion parameters.

I often use the two in unison - SeismoSpect to load time histories - I then copy and paste data into SeismoSignal, baseline correct and filter the data, then save the corected accelerogram from SeismoSignal. This has worked nicely for me because I have had difficulties saving corrected accelerograms from SeismoSpect.

I hope this helps civilm. Best of luck on your work.
Tim Huff
seismosoft

Re: decimal places

Post by seismosoft »

Civilm, the upcoming version of SeismoSignal, due this month, should address the problem you have encountered.

Huffte, hopefully the upcoming release of SeismoSpect will also have resolved the file saving difficulties that you mention.

Thanks to both,

Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Unexpected behaviour/errors”