Range check error

03-Unexpected behaviour/errors
Engineer1

Range check error

Post by Engineer1 »

Hello!

I wanted to generate an overdamped inelastic spectra. I used data that I used before several times and no problem ever occured. Now, when I press the "Refresh" button there is the message "Range check error". What could be wrong if it worked until now without problems?

One last thing: When starting Seismo Signal there pops up a message: Invalid argument to date encode.

I already installed the latest version from the homepage.
seismosoft

Re: Range check error

Post by seismosoft »

Hi,

- please send us (support@seismosoft.com) the accelerogram that is leading to the 'range check' error.

- if you carry out a search in this Forum on "Invalid argument", you should be able to find the answer that you are looking for.

Seismosoft Support
Engineer1

Post by Engineer1 »

Thank you for your help, I sent an email with the accelerogramm.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

The accelerogram file you sent us appeared somehow corrupt, in terms of format (a mixture of Unix and Windows). We have opened it in Excel and saved it again in a text file, and were able to use it in SeismoSignal without problems.

Seismosoft Support
behrad

Post by behrad »

Hello,
I have the same problem but when it started to shows the error "range check error" it stops to generate the specs for the records it generated specs for it earlier and shows same error, (i'v opened the records with excel and save it again in text as you said but didn't work [V] )after that i've tried many things and somehow it worked (i don't know how)
again after any record that i download from PEER site and try to generate the spectrum error comes up again, what should i do?
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Dear Behrad,

Please do send us the input files that are giving you these problems, so that we try to reproduce the error you report.

Thanks,

Seismosoft Support
mariosk

Post by mariosk »

Hello,
I have the same problem. When I try to produce an overdamped inelastic spectra the error "range check error" is appeared and the process is never completed. Is there any general solution for this?

Thank you in advance,
Marios

Return to “03-Unexpected behaviour/errors”