How to reference and cite to a model in verificati

06-Referencing and license issues
fakharifar.mostafa

How to reference and cite to a model in verificati

Post by fakharifar.mostafa »

Hi,
If I want to cite one of the numerical models implemented in the SeismoStruct verification manual, how can I do it?
I intend to cite one of the models in the verification report, is referring to the corresponding paper in the manual adequate?
Thanks
seismosoft

Re: How to reference and cite to a model in verificati

Post by seismosoft »

Yes, if we understand your query correctly, we would certainly suggest you to reference the original publication where such model has been originally presented, rather than the Verification Report of SeismoStruct.

Seismosoft Support
fakharifar.mostafa

Thanks. I would cite the original paper. How about the computer file model installed in the verification part of the package? Is it enough to cite the SeismoStruct software as below while using one of the models used in the verification report?
Seismosoft [YEAR OF RELEASE] "SeismoStruct - A computer program for static and dynamic nonlinear analysis of framed structures". Available from URL: www.seismosoft.com
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Hi fakharifar.mostaf,

For what concerns the actual computer model, we would suggest you to cite the Verification Report:

-- Seismosoft [2013] "SeismoStruct v6.0 - Verification Report". Available from URL: www.seismosoft.com --

Many thanks for the attention that you are paying to these acknowledgement issues; appreciated.

Seismosoft Support
fakharifar.mostafa

SeismoStruct developers have developed an elaborate state of the art tool for earthquake engineering simulations, and proper citation/acknowledgement is the least that its users could do in return. Thanks.

Return to “06-Referencing and license issues”