Convegence problem

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
Seismo123

Convegence problem

Post by Seismo123 »

Hello Seismosoft
It has been a while I am in contact with you and I really appreciate your support. I have a concrete frame model with multiple types of fbd_Tol, Prd_Ite errors. Would you please help me on this? I have tried the tutorial video from youtube on how to solve convergence difficulties, but could not get it to work for me. The file has already been e-mailed to support@seismosoft.com.
Thanks in advance.
seismosoft

Re: Convegence problem

Post by seismosoft »

Hello Seismo123,
If you carry out a search on the forum for 'Convergence Problems' or 'Convergence Difficulties' you will find plenty of resources on the problem. Furthermore, there is a specific video tutorial on our Youtube channel on convergence problems ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6tAyoofDog ). Finally, there is a section on the program's manual specific on this subject. In all these, you will find plenty of resources on how to fix your problem.
Regards,
Seismosoft Support
Seismo123

Post by Seismo123 »

Hello seismosoft'
Thank you for your attention. I have been trying the YouTube video for a couple of days now and playing with variables, but still in vain. I have checked the connectivity, with a little change now all connections seem fine, but the problem is not resolved. Just read about the possibility of the complexity of the model in case if the connectivities are OK, for I have modeled the same number of frames with different openings in shearwall without hassle, this model does not seem that much complex. Not to forget to mention details are driven by ETABS design and then modeled in SeismoStruct. Do you mind if I send the new .spf file? I am in need of urgent help, it is the dissertation, you know, not much time.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

You can send us the file. and we could give it a try for a while.
However we hope that you realise that we cannot provide full personalised support for free to all of our thousands of users, since we simply cannot afford the resources.
Seismosoft Support
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Seismo123,
We ran your model and we keep on getting convergence problems at the elements and nodes and the top left side of the building. You might need to distribute the incremental loads along the length of the building (instead of applying them entire at the left side of it).
Note that in SeismoStruct v2018, which will be published in 1-2 months there will be a new feature for the easy identification of the locations that cause convergence problems.
Regards,
Seismosoft Support
Seismo123

Post by Seismo123 »

Oh, I was expecting this to be simple, but not this much. Thanks a lot. Looking forward to SSv2018.
parza

Post by parza »

Dear Seismosoft,
Could you please instruct the source of message
"Problem encauntered in the ControlledDOF procedure"
Thank you
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Can you please send your input spf file at support@seismosoft.com?
Regards,
Seismosoft Support
parza

Post by parza »

ok, thank you for your support

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”