Fix the error: "fbd_Tol" and Unable to apply the entire perm

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
manhibst

Fix the error: "fbd_Tol" and Unable to apply the entire perm

Post by manhibst »

Dear Seismosoft Support.

I have problems related to simulation of 12-story building. The building has T-shaped and L-shaped columns, so I have to use "link rigid" to connect two points of the column center and to the beams (to the same axis as the design drawing). The work has two types of load: "Nodal Load: Dynamic Time-history Load in two directions" and "Permanent Load to simulate gravity load".

When running "Processor", program error "fbd_Tol" and "Unable to apply the entire permanent load. Analysis terminated".

Could you help me understand why and how to fix it?

Thank you for your help.
manhibst

Re: Fix the error: "fbd_Tol" and Unable to apply the entire

Post by manhibst »

I sent the email with the model file that I simulated to the address of "seismosoft support". Could you check this model for me?

Thank you very much.
huffte

Post by huffte »

I would suggest that the first place to begin would be a forum search on the phrase "unable to apply". When I ran the search this morning, I got 66 matches. Hopefully, with some effort on your part, the information contained will help you find your way. Best of luck.
Tim Huff
manhibst

Post by manhibst »

Thank you huffte. I searched the forum and followed some solutions on it but could not solve my problem.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Try checking the vertical loads that you are applying. They seem to be excessive (more than 100,000kN for the entire building, which seems to be a lot).
Further, check also the rigid link connected to your columns. If you run eigenvalue analysis with several modes you will realise that some of them are probably wrongly connected. Finally, if you increase the convergence criteria value and also increase the penalty function constants for the constraints, you will be able to enhance the convergence conditions.

Seismosoft Support
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Also try replacing the infrmFB elements with infrmFBPH, which tend to be more stable.

Seismosoft Support
manhibst

Post by manhibst »

I have found the error of the model and I am looking to fix it.

Thanks a lot for helping me.

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”