fbd_Tol in Pushover analysis

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
Claudia_Aguilar

fbd_Tol in Pushover analysis

Post by Claudia_Aguilar »

Hello everyone, I am a student at the Catholic University of Valparaiso. I am using SeismoStruct for modeling a building. The model has the following characteristics:
No. of Materials: 4
No. of Sections: 130
No. of Element Classes: 281
No. of Nodes: 1108
No. of Elements: 2101
No. of Nodal Loads: 1013
No. of Element Loads: 0

The program begins to analyze the model, where the eigenvalues analysis ​​is generated correctly. But, when arriving at the permanent loads, the following begins to take place:
-----------------------------------------

LF = 0.00000, LF_incr = (Iter: 2 => fbd_Tol)
Unable to apply the entire permanent load. Analysis terminated
    Total Time: 0h: 9min: 9sec

If my model had errors it is possible that the eigenvalues analysis ​​could not be produced, in my case if it is possible to do so. Therefore, I would like to know what other problem you may have.

I hope they can help me, it's for the project to be able to graduate. Thank you very much.
seismosoft

Re: fbd_Tol in Pushover analysis

Post by seismosoft »

Hi Claudia,
There are several posts in this forum regarding convergence problem and difficulties. If you carry out a search you will find plenty of information. In particular for your case, please check the following issues:
(1) connection of the beams to the columns. If a beam is disconnected from the supporting column, this can be found with eigenvalue analysis. One of the higher modes (between 5th and 15th) could be the vertical vibration of the beam
(2) Check the value of the vertical loads on beam, with respect to the reinforcement of the beam at the two ends and at the centre (locations of higher bending moments). A model might be correct, but maybe the beams cannot withstand the vertical loading
(3) size and reinforcement of the columns. A similar issue with the item (2) but for the columns

Regards,
Seismosoft Support

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”