Range Check error during IDA analysis

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
milena_n

Range Check error during IDA analysis

Post by milena_n »

Dear SeismoSoft,
I am using SeismoStruct v7 to solve a steel moment resisting frame subjected to a bunch of accelerograms. I am using IDA analyses, as the frame elements are inelastic plastic-hinge displacement based. Some dashpots are included in the model also. When I run it, during the solution process I have a dialog box with the words "Range check error"". Although the integration time step is small enough, for example 0.001s or 0.005.
I would be very grateful if You help me to go through this problem.
Regards,
M.I
z.gronti

Re: Range Check error during IDA analysis

Post by z.gronti »

Dear milena_n,

We would like to inform you that the current version of SeismoStruct is the SeismoStruct 2016-Release 6 . Could you please install the current version and let us know if you still receive the reported range check error message?
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
milena_n

Post by milena_n »

Dear SeismoSoft,
I have installed the current version of SeismoStruct and have run the model again. Unfortunately the problem still exists. The report is that the entire load cold not be apllied.
Regards,
M.I
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear milena_n,

You will find a number of posts on this matter if you carry out a search on this forum for the term "unable to apply".

Also, you may find a list with the convergence difficulties that may arrise and their solution in the User Manual, the Help System and in the video below:
https://www.facebook.com/22301629122752 ... 444459842/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6tAyoofDog
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”