Two Multi-storey Model with Different Loading Condition

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
burakduran

Two Multi-storey Model with Different Loading Condition

Post by burakduran »

Hi again,

I constructed a multi-storey building having uniform element loadings on the all members (specific weight of materials are zero). In the static pushover analysis with different step and target displacement conditions, the error is "unable to apply the entire permanen load. Analysis terminated and fbd_tol error).

Then, I changed the loading conditions from uniform element loading to joint load. It means that I calculated all the forces due to element loading at each slab level and I converted this load into single load applied to each joint in the negative Z direction. This time the model works but I have a fbd_tol problem. The related videos are not solution for this.

How can it occur ? Is there anyone volunteer to looking at my structural models ? I think the eigen analysis is logical and there is no error in the model.
z.gronti

Re: Two Multi-storey Model with Different Loading Condition

Post by z.gronti »

Dear burakduran,

You will find a number of posts on this matter if you carry out a search on this forum for the term "unable to apply".

I would, also, suggest you to check your model, starting from the correct connection of the structural elements. This may be done with the help of the Eigenvalue analysis.

Finally, if your model is correct and you have made the adequate modifications proposed in the list with the convergence difficulties, and the analysis is not completed, then your model might not stand the applied load.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”