Error fbd_tol

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
Violet.de

Error fbd_tol

Post by Violet.de »

I can't solve fbd_tol error. I see your video about error messages, but, it doesn't work for my model. I want to run a static pushover analysis for a ssymetric two story RC structure. The load pattern was define. The loading phase is force control, 100 kN with 100 steps. When I decrease the target load factor equal to 50, there is no error, but, for 100, fbd_tol was appear. The output analysis log showed that in the value equal to t4, this error was start. It was continue to 57 and then, the analysis was stop: "unable to apply the entire phase load. Phase terminated."
How can solve this problem?
In your video, there are three solutions. I have done all of them, but the problem was remained.
huffte

Re: Error fbd_tol

Post by huffte »

Have you examined the output, in terms of load displacement behavior, for the analysis using the lower multiplier? Is there significant inelastic behavior at the lower multiplier? Did you assign performance criteria to monitor inelastic behavior of key elements in the model? There may be settings you need to tweak in order to complete the analysis at the higher load factor (I assume you mean a multiplier of 100 where you specified "100 kN"). Or, it could be that the structure has actually reached collapse at a multiplier significantly less than 100. Best of luck, Violet.de.
Tim Huff

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”