Check for Masses Module Error with switch to infrmDBPH

04-Unexpected behaviour/errors
abc138

Check for Masses Module Error with switch to infrmDBPH

Post by abc138 »

Hello!

I am modeling a multi-span reinforced concrete bridge and performing a displacement adaptive pushover, and in the latest iteration of my model, I realized that infrmDBPH elements would be better suited to my needs than infrmDB elements, which I had previously implemented for the piers. Therefore, I created new elements using the same cross-section as the infrmDB elements, and changed all of my pier elements from the infrmDB element to the infrmDBPH element. This was the only change I made. Prior to this change, the analysis ran just fine. However, I now receive a pair of error popups (see link below to drive folder with screenshot of the error as well as the old version of my model that is working and the new one that is broken) and when I exit from them, the analysis says it's running but cannot be paused, stopped, or navigated away from within the Seismo window, and no analysis is actually performed. I checked to see if I had inadvertently adjusted any of my cross-section properties or project settings so that mass wasn't accounted for, but everything was the same as before.

Any ideas on what went wrong, or better yet, how to fix it?

Thanks so much!

link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
huffte

Re: Check for Masses Module Error with switch to infrmDBPH

Post by huffte »

Interesting abc138. I ran both models successfully. I did have to uncheck stress output for the infrmDBPH model as that is not an available feature for that type of element (as judged by the message I received when trying to run the new model initially).

I note that the infrmDBPH model failed much sooner. It loaded up to a maximum load factor of about 3.18 while the infrmDB based model went up to a load factor of about 6.18.

I never did get the error message you reported.

Just to cover all the bases, I am running

SeismoStruct 2016, Release 4, Build 20. My system is:
Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz, 3000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Best of luck with this abc138.
Tim Huff
abc138

Post by abc138 »

Ah thanks so much for the tip about the stress output -- guess I didn't read the disclaimer on that very carefully. Still a strange error for me to have gotten given that was the issue, though. Once I unchecked that output, everything ran fine and I got the same max load factor as you!

Again, thank you so much!!
huffte

Post by huffte »

Great. Glad to hear it. I wonder if you might post the details of your system as I did previously. With my error message, I was immediately able to pinpoint the issue. Your different message gave you no idea about the solution. It would seem that on certain systems the wrong error message is being reported.
Tim Huff

Return to “04-Unexpected behaviour/errors”