For Static Pushover analysis

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
iamvishal1

For Static Pushover analysis

Post by iamvishal1 »

Can anyone suggest me The video tutorial for Static Pushover analysis in Seismostuct 2016 ?
It's very helpful to me to get your guidance
z.gronti

Re: For Static Pushover analysis

Post by z.gronti »

Dear iamvishal1,

You may find all the video tutorials in Seismosoft YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGqci0 ... Ez66dTWteQ) and facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/SeismoSoft-223016291227524/).

All the links for SeismoStruct tutorials are also available within the program, from the main menu Help> Video Tutorials.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
iamvishal1

Post by iamvishal1 »

Hello I am doing Static Pushover analysis in Seismostuct 2016 while doing it in Applied loads incremental load in X direction I choose Displacement . But I have confusion the incremental load applied on Which Nodes at top Node or all nodes shown in mannual of Seismostuct 2016 . Or Applied on Single node in X direction. Can you help me
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

The loads are obviously applied in the nodes, which you specified in the Applied Loads module.
It is for you to specifies the nodes, not for the programs to arbitrarily select them.
Seismosoft Support
iamvishal1

Post by iamvishal1 »

Sir,
While doing Static Pushover analysis it takes very long time to analysis. It takes more than 9 hrs . How to reduce analysis time.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

This is not reasonable. Is it a very large model?
How many nodes do you have in your model?
Seismosoft Support
iamvishal1

Post by iamvishal1 »

Structure is 10 floor building . And the Number of nodes in structure are nearly about 500 or more . But while doing incremental dynamic analysis on same model it's completed in 1 hr But while doing Static Pushover analysis it's taking more than 12 hrs.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

No, it is not reasonable that a pushover is taking more time to run than a dynamic analysis. Probably, the program is decreasing the incremental load a lot, in an attempt to converge.
Some quick tips:
- Do not try to push much further than the deformation of maximum capacity. There is no need really to get the full descending branch.
- In the iterative strategy page of the Settings, do not use large values for the max. iterations (e.g. more than 50-60 iterations).
- can it be that your convergence criteria are very stringent?

Regards,
Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”