Error for paste a time history curve

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
sanami

Error for paste a time history curve

Post by sanami »

Hi Seismosoft,
I am a problem with pasting time history curves which are copied from another seismostruct file. The following error is appeard to me. Could you please help me for thay? I have a lot of models and alot of curves, therefor, I prefer to use copy and paste. There is no problems with my curves. They defined currectly and run my analysis without any problem in the origin seismostruct file. I choose its curves for copy to paste in another seismostruct fike, but the following error is showed for me:

Error
Not all entries are numbers for curve 11. Pasting aborted.
seismosoft

Re: Error for paste a time history curve

Post by seismosoft »

The error indicates that you have non-numerical input in the curve values. Can it be for instance that you have two value connected together, hence the program cannot understand the entry as number (e.g. 1.234.565). You can check this, if you paste things in Excel.
Can you copy and paste the curves on the same file?
Seismosoft Support
sanami

Post by sanami »

There is no problem with the time histories, because it used by the seismostruct and the analysis was done without any errors. The only problem is for "Copy" and "Paste" each time history from one file to another one. I have been downloaded time histories from PEER and I use them by seismostruct directly. I think there is no problem with the histories. I used 6 time histories with three directions. When I load them with the program directly, there is no problem, but, when I want to paste them, that error was appear.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear sanami,

The option of copying and pasting the time-history curves from one SeismoStruct project to another is not available.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”