Deck bridge example

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
pzh1n17

Deck bridge example

Post by pzh1n17 »

To whom it may concern

My name is Pedro Zavala and for my MSc research I am trying to simulate bridges under the effect of corrosion. On the SEISMOSTRUCT revision report there is an example of a deck bridge made by Cassarotti and Pinho (2006). I would like to know where and how can I download the spf. File, or if this is not possible where can I find the input ground motion file to be able to load it to the software.

Kind Regards,
P.Z.
huffte

Re: Deck bridge example

Post by huffte »

Hi Pedro. If you download and install SeismoStruct you will find the subject spf file, with the input ground motion included, in the verification models subdirectory. On my installation, the full path is as follows and yours should be something similar, if not identical:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Seismosoft\SeismoStruct\2016\Verification Report Models\Chapter 4\Ch4-bridge-01.spf

I will also note that, for your own benefit as well as that of other users in this excellent forum, you should take care to post questions in the correct section of the forum. Your posting is in SeismoSignal while it should have been in SeismoStruct to ensure the most effective attention.

Best of luck with your work Pedro. It sounds very interesting.
Tim Huff
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Tim Huff,

Thank you for the suggestion. We have moved the topic to the proper Forum field.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
Lejeunese

Post by Lejeunese »

Hi,
I'm a Belgian student and I'm looking for the file of the bridge model (Ch4-bridge-01.spf) which is no longer given with the 2020 version of seismostruct. Could anyone help me with this ?
Best,
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Lejeunese,

The model is still available in Verification Examples of SeismoStruct. You may find it within the program through Help>Verification Examples folder.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
Lejeunese

Post by Lejeunese »

Hi,
I found the files thanks to your (extra quick) answer, thank you.

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”