confinement coefficient

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
simon1000

confinement coefficient

Post by simon1000 »

I have a RC beam with 14 Fi 32 at bottom and 4 Fi 14 at the top of the section. The dimention of the beam is 1105 x 600 mm. In the section modul, confinement factor which is calculated by seismostruct was 3.792. When I see the detailes of this calculation in the "confinement factor calculation" tab, I ssaw that the software calculated the area of the longitudinal reinforcement equal to 3558685.72 mm2. But it is not true. It should be 11869.2. What is wrong? I check the arrangment and reinforcing details but there is no mistake there.
z.gronti

Re: confinement coefficient

Post by z.gronti »

Dear simon1000,

We couldn't reproduced the reported error. Could you please check the assigned reinforcing bars, i.e. check the total reinforcing bars assigned in both the reinforcement patterns and the additional reinforcing bars module? If the assigned reinforcement is the required one, could you please check if you use the latest version of SeismoStruct 2016-Release 6?
In the case that you use the latest version and the section is defined correctly, could you send me your model and perhaps some screenshots that show the error at z.gronti@seismosoft.com?
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
simon1000

Post by simon1000 »

Dear Gronti,
Yes, everything about the assinged reinforcement was correct and also, I use the latest version. I will send you the model as soon as possible. I am in a conference right now.
Please mention that there is no mistake in the section modul. I check it in many times.
simon1000

Post by simon1000 »

I sent to you the seismostruct file. Please check the calculation confinement tab and also the reinforcement details. The calculation value for area reinforcement should be 7442.32 mm2 but in the program it was calculated equal to 654389.6784192 mm2. It is wrong.
I also see that the "section discretization pattern" for "rcars" sections has error in view. I followed the forum and see this error which was reported by a user. I hope that it has not any effect in my analysis.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear simon1000,

Thank you for reporting the bug. There is a bug in the current version in the calculation of the confinement factor when you assign additional reinforcing bars.
The bug will be corrected in the next version of SeismoStruct

As far as the "section discretization pattern" for "rcars" is concerned, it is related to the display of the section discretization only in the pre-processor, as it is answered in http://www.seismosoft.com/forum/viewtop ... ars#p11970 topic.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”