Confinment & wights

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
newman

Confinment & wights

Post by newman »

1- How I can use two different material (one for cover and other one for the confinement area) for a section? In the verification report, there is two types with two number for confinement coefficient, but I can not do this.
2- When I choose that the mass is not calculate by the loads, and also, the loads is not calculate by the masses, do the weights of the elements apply to the structure?
3- I dont know what is different between lmass and dmass when I assign the mass of the structure by one of them?
z.gronti

Re: Confinment & wights

Post by z.gronti »

Dear newman,
1. In the current version you are not able to define two concrete materials (one unconfined concrete material for the cover and one confined for the core). The values for the concrete material models inserted in the Materials module are basically for the unconfined concrete. Whether the concrete is confined or unconfined is taken into consideration within the section's module, where you can define the transverse reinforcement, and the confinement factor is automatically calculated or can be further modified.
2. In order to select the way that mass and loads are deifined you should go to the Project Settings> Gravity & Mass and select the option that fits your modelling requirements.
3. The lmass is a single-node lumped mass element, whereas for the dmass(distributed mass) element two nodes should be difined. Please refer to SeismoStruct User Manual or Help System for further information on this element classes.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”