Unconfined Material Strain

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
burakduran

Unconfined Material Strain

Post by burakduran »

Dear Friends and Administrator,

I have a 2D model in a SeismoStruct and I am doing a PushOver Analysis. What I want to obtain is that I want to read maximum strain of Confined, Unconfined and steel material at the RC section. It is easy to get confined concrete and steel strain due to the peak strain-stressess menu but whenever I'd like to see Unconfined concrete strain, it is hard to get it since I have to assign a strain point for each section condering to maximum moment areas. Is there any way easier than it ? What if I have more complex structural model ? It is really challenging and time consuming.
burakduran

Re: Unconfined Material Strain

Post by burakduran »

I am sorry that I have to make correction for my explanation, I obtain the unconfined material strain from the peak strain-stress menu as I read from the User-Manual. However, I have still a problem that how I should get the confined concrete strain basically in the analysis ? In a more complex system, it is really hard attain and look over each strain value at each i and j nodes of each element.

Could I create a third material in the SeismoStruct like old versions such as confined concrete, unconfined concrete and steel material, in this way I can basically obtain the strain data from the peak strain menu.
z.gronti

Re: Unconfined Material Strain

Post by z.gronti »

Dear burakduran,

Could the performance criteria be a solution? You could use a concrete strain criterion type and select the "Check the Core Only" check box.

Finally, in the current version of SeismoStruct there is no option of assigning a third material type in RC sections.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”