Memory Problem

02-Analytical capabilities
adeelfaisal

Memory Problem

Post by adeelfaisal »

Hi,

I've to match 40 accelerograms to a target spectrum and also get the mean of matched spectra. When i try to load the 16th

accelerogram, the program gives a message about memory problem.

1) I want to know if this is a limitation of the program.

2) Does it make any difference to the matched spectra if matching is done separately for say first 15 accelerograms,

then next 15 and then the last 10 accelerograms as compared to matching all the 40 accelerograms together ?

3) If this is a limitation of the program, and i perform the matching process in three steps for the 40 accelerograms

(15+15+10), how can i obtain mean of all the 40 matched records ?
huffte

Re: Memory Problem

Post by huffte »

Each match is performed independently of the others, adeelfaisal. So it is perfectly fine to have 3 files of 15, 15, and 10 accelerograms.

It is a simple matter of copying the matched accelerograms into an Excel (or similar) spreadsheet and performing the averaging there.

1. After the matching has been performed, go to the 'Time Series' tab.
2. You can view the plots of the 'Original Accelerogram', the 'Matched Accelerogram', and a 'Comparing Time Series' plot showing both together. These are the sub-tabs beneath the 'Time Series' tab. Note that there is a 'Table' tab as well.
3. Go to the 'Tables' sub-tab.
4. Here you can copy and paste the matched accelerogram from the SeismoMatch tab to your Excel sheet.
5. For the response spectra, you may do the exact same thing. There is a 'Tables' sub-tab beneath the 'Response Spectra' tab.
6. From the 'Response Spectra' -> 'Tables' sub-tab, copy and paste the response spectra for the matched accelerograms to your Excel sheet. Note the drop-down box on the sub-tab which enables you to progressively select each accelerogram.
7. In Excel, you may average al the accelerograms, for geometric mean of horizontal components from the same record and then average, etc.

Best of luck, adeelfaisal.
Tim Huff

Return to “02-Analytical capabilities”