SeismoSpect is not able to apply filtration!

03-Unexpected behaviour/errors
amint

SeismoSpect is not able to apply filtration!

Post by amint »

I have so many time history files and I want to get response spectra for each of records by using SeismoSpect software. I have to apply Butterworth (0.2-05.00) bandpass filtering. I set these limits on Filtering tab but unfortunately the results while the filter is applied is the same as case while the filtering is not applied. I tried it in SeismoSignal software and set the filtering and it worked well. But I have lots of records and I can't do it in SeismoSignal. How can anyone help me solving this problem?
z.gronti

Re: SeismoSpect is not able to apply filtration!

Post by z.gronti »

Dear amint,

Could you send us the *.ssp project at z.gronti@seismosoft.com to check it?
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
huffte

Post by huffte »

Hi amint. I cannot reproduce the error. I have a couple of suggestions you might want to double check and rule out before concluding that it is a computer-specific issue:

In the Settings, the Filtering tab - make sure that you not only specify the bandpass limits, but also that you click the "Apply Filtering" toggle box.

Once you do the above, you will indeed, see no immediate difference. Click on any time series in the Time Series tab. You will now see both a blue line (corrected/filtered record) and a gray line (uncorrected/unfiltered record).

I ran several files. The records do indeed change, as do the spectra and the ground motion parameters.

Best of luck, amint. I hope this turns out to be something simple.
Tim Huff
amint

Post by amint »

Dear huffte and z.gronti

I tried for several times but the SeismoSpect v2.1.2 plots only the response spectras of unfiltered time history records even if I applied the filtering. I rechecked whether the "Apply Filter" is ticked. The other parameters, graphs are correct while apply filtering is selected except "Elastic/Inelastic Spectra". Yesterday I downloaded the 2016 version of SeismoSpect and tried with latest version. It works well but I noticed that this version has also problem. After plotting the response spectra for specific filtering range if I change the filtering range and click the refresh button the application plots wrong graphs and in order to solve this problem you have to go to "Ground Motion Parameters" tab, select some input motion and click the refresh button for calculating the parameters and then return to the "Elastic/Inelastic Spectra" and by clicking the refresh button the application plots the correct graphs.
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear amint,

After modifying the filtering range you should first go to the "Time Series" tab and click the "Refresh" button in order to load the new time series. Then, the Elastic/Inelastic Spectra are correctly visualized.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “03-Unexpected behaviour/errors”