load multiple

02-Analytical capabilities
samsami

load multiple

Post by samsami »

Hi everybody

I have four questions about load multiple option,

1- How many input ground motion records can be defined simultaneously in SeismoSpect using load multiple option?
2- Should multiple files for opening in SeismoSpect be in two columns format (time and acceleration)?
3- Is it possible to open multiple files (time & acceleration or only acceleration formats) with varying time steps dt?
4- When I open multiple files in time & acceleration format, after loading each file, the below warning is appeared:
"End of file reached at line ..." and this warning will be a problem when I want to open many files, because I should click "ok" after loading each file, Is there any solution for solving this issue?

Thanks so much
huffte

Re: load multiple

Post by huffte »

Hi samsami. I have found that the safest way to load several files into SeismoSoft is to do so one at a time. I work with records of varying time steps, and in various formats (PEER, Seismo, SMC etc.). Even if all records are of the same format and time step, then, as you say, you still have to select ok at the end of each record. I am not certain about the maximum number of records in a single file - I seem to recall having done about 40 at once a time or two. Additionally, it is often required to specify unique scale factors for each record - another reason to load them one at a time. It really doesn't take so much time or effort to load even 40 records one at a time. Best of luck with this great program, samsami.
Tim Huff
samsami

Post by samsami »

Dear Tim Huff

Thank you very much, Do you say that I have to select OK in the warning "End of file reached at line ..." at the end of each record when I am using multiple load option for loading several records with the same format or not? Is there any solution for solving this issue? if I should select OK, It really takes so much time or effort to load even 40 records one at a time.

Thanks so much
huffte

Post by huffte »

I have not been able to find a way around it samsami. There may be one, but I cannot find it. Hopefully it won't be too much of a problem to either load one at a time or hit OK 40 times.
Tim Huff
Nasreddine

Post by Nasreddine »

hello
I need the academic license but I have not a university email
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear Nasreddine,

You should send an email with your request at licensing@seismosoft.com. The Licensing Team of Seismosoft will help you with that.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “02-Analytical capabilities”