curvature

02-Getting started with the modelling
naserrahimzadeh

curvature

Post by naserrahimzadeh »

Hello
In the sections of the concrete beams and columns that riched to the yielding limit, by changing the number of integration sections in FB element the curvature changes greatly . For example, with 3 integration sections curvature
is 0.01, but with ten integration sections in the same section curvature is 0.1

Why is this happening and which one is true?
admin

Re: curvature

Post by admin »

This is not very reasonable, the curvature of sections that reach the yielding point should not be very different in the two cases. Are you sure you are checking the correct integration section in the post-processor?
Having said that, note that between the two cases (3 and 10 integration sections) might present several differences in the results, due to localisation issues (e.g. the load factor at which the first yielding occurs). However, these differences should not be in normal models so large as the ones you have experienced.

Seismosoft Support
naserrahimzadeh

Hello
I have checked this issue several times in four models in target displacement for Similar section.this section there is at first of element.
for 3 integration sections, curvature is 0.02
for 5 integration sections, curvature is 0.04
for 8 integration sections, curvature is 0.09
for 10 integration sections, curvature is 0.11
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

What do you mean in the target displacement? You mentioned in your first post that the curvatures are measured at the yielding of the section.
Can it be that the yielding occurs at the same member (hence it is reported by the program) but at different integration section from the one that you are measuring?
Seismosoft Support
naserrahimzadeh

i did the Static pushover analysis for four model that The only difference of them was number of integration sections. I I've measured the curvature in section 1 in same beam at 50 cm displacement. that the results were as described.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Hi Naserrahimzadeh ,
Can you send the file to support@seismosoft.com, so that we have a look at it?
Thanks,
Seismosoft Support

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”