plastic hinge and FRP

02-Getting started with the modelling
SASO

plastic hinge and FRP

Post by SASO »

hi, again
i have a question confused me about the connection between column and beams in case i reinforced it with FRP , i think that( infrmFPH ) will not be correct if used it , because the plastic hinge formed after the steel bar reached the yielding, so in case FRP there is no yield
that mean the (infrm FB) will be the best choose?
z.gronti

Re: plastic hinge and FRP

Post by z.gronti »

Dear SASO,

I would advise you to search on this forum for the effect of assigning FRPs on elements in order to decide which element class is appropriate for your model.
The topic below might help you:
http://www.seismosoft.com/forum/viewtop ... wrap#p3865
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
SASO

Post by SASO »

dear zoi
i go to your recommended subject ,it related with FRP sheets , and my model reinforced with FRP bars , i want to KNOW if i am thinking right or not if replaced steel bar with FRP bars , the connection type of colomn -beam remain as it or what?
SASO

Modulus of Elasticity of FRP

Post by SASO »

Hi,everybody
When I define the material as FRP (FRP-tl) i cannot define the modules of Elasticity ,how can i do that
Saso
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear SASO,

I would like to kindly remind you that you may import an FRP sheet through the 'Edit FRP Wrapping' button within the 'Reinforcement' tab of the section's properties. A list of the most commonly used FRP sheets found in the market is available, or alternatively you may introduce user-defined values.
As far as the modulus of elasticity is concerned, you should assign the value in the initial stiffness module.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
SASO

Post by SASO »

Thanks for responding dear zoi,if you didn't mind can you tell me how calculate the intial stiffness and post-peak stiffness for frp bars or give me a suggestion about paper or book to calculate the intial stiffness and post-peak stiffness by equation?
Saso
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear SASO,

The value of the initial stiffness is available in the FRPs' technical sheets. As far as the post-peak stiffness is concerned, I am afraid that I do not have any specific reference.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”