RC jacketed circular sections

02-Getting started with the modelling
mohamad_nazari

RC jacketed circular sections

Post by mohamad_nazari »

Hi my friends
I want to create a circular reinforcement concrete section which has a concrete jacket whit a different Characteristic strength. in this software we have a section with these properties but is rectangular(rcjrs).I tried to use composite circular section but it had a problem which can not put the bars in the steel region.
thanks
z.gronti

Re: create a section

Post by z.gronti »

Dear mohamad_nazari,

If you carry out a search on this forum for the term "jacketed section" you may find a number of posts on this matter.
I think that the below topic might really help you
http://www.seismosoft.com/forum/viewtop ... tion#p3234
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.
mohamad_nazari

Post by mohamad_nazari »

Dear z.gronti
thank you for your suggestion.it help me to create this section by 2 separate sections .this trick almost solve my problem but if i assign infrmFB or infrmFBPH to this section do 2 separate sections work as a unit section?
with respect
z.gronti

Post by z.gronti »

Dear mohamad_nazari,

It will be better to subdivide the element in 4-5 smaller elements in order to assure that the two sections act as one. You may use the infrmFB element type, but in cases of such element subdivision might be less stable than the infrmDB element type.
I would like to add that reinforced concrete jacketed circular sections will be available in the SeismoStruct 2016 that will be published in 2-3 months.
Zoi Gronti
Seismosoft Srl.

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”