Permanent Load Error of The Steel Braced Frame Model

02-Getting started with the modelling
khansefidali

Permanent Load Error of The Steel Braced Frame Model

Post by khansefidali »

Dear Seismosoft Support Team
I'm working on a steel braced frame with modeling the gusset plates as a solid rectangular section. But there is a convergence problem in permanent load. please conduct me to solve the problem.
the model is also mailed to you.
ruipinho

Re: Permanent Load Error of The Steel Braced Frame Model

Post by ruipinho »

khansefidali,

Have you tried carrying out a search on "convergence permanent"?

There are many past discussions on this matter (and, as you will readily notice by reading such previous posts, the potential reasons for the lack of convergence that you report can be multiple, even if they typically have their origin on wrong modelling assumptions).

Best of luck!

Rui
khansefidali

Post by khansefidali »

I've done an extensive research, but my problem exist yet. I know what is the problem exactly, but I want to know whether there is a solution or not.
the problem is due to the usage of rectangular solid steel section as a gusset plate, if this section changed to the hollow rectangular solid steel section, there would be no error more. I want to know it is possible to use rectangular solid steel section for gusset plates or not?
Thanks a lot
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

Of course you can, provided that the gusset plate withstands the applied loads.
Note also that for short elements (as the gusset plate are) you should not use infrmFB elements, but rather infrmDB elements.

Regards,
Sesimosoft Support

Return to “02-Getting started with the modelling”