Next versions

05-Future developments & requests
simon1000

Next versions

Post by simon1000 »

Hi seismosoft.

As a sismostruct user, I would like to propose some abilities for next release of the seismostruct:
- "copy" and "paste" options in "additional reinforcement" section
- Extract the forces and moments of nodes
- The load combination for seismic masses and for loading seperately
- New behavior curves specially for RC elements
- The ability to define Fy negative and Ky negative in behavior curves (It is available for only Takeda assymetric, not for other curves)
- The ability to define top and also bottom reinforcement with different bars in seismo-building-modeller (Similar to rcars sections in "sections" tab of the seismostruct.
- Extract the Moment-curvature and Moment-Rotation curves of each section and also Moment of cracking. Because for them, we should use other program and extract their results to put in seismostruct for defining the parameters of behavior curves in link element module.
- Also, I don't know why the results are different for a push-over analysis and static time history analysis for "displacement history" and "load history" of a one test. When I use "displacement history", my results are very good and are similar to experimental data, but when I using the "load history" of that "displacement history" in my analysis, the results are not match with the experimental results.

However, I think seismostruct is the best program for FE analysis. Good jobs
seismosoft

Re: Next versions

Post by seismosoft »

Thank you very much for your kind words and your suggestions.
Note however that (i) since SeismoStruct is a nonlinear program, load superposition cannot be applied, and one cannot export "load combination for seismic masses and for loading separately" as you suggested (ii) currently it is possible to define top and also bottom reinforcement with different bars in the Building Modeler. As for the other suggestions, we will definitely consider them in the creation of subsequent release of SeismoStruct.

best Regards,
Seismosoft Support
simon1000

Post by simon1000 »

If we want to have for example 2Fi24+1Fi16 for top of the RC section, we can't define it by seismo-building modeller.
Also, I can't define Special weight of concrete by seismo-building modeler. I know that the defined value by software is 24 KN/m3, but when I want to create a slab based on concrete with w=25 KN/m3, it is not possible. I had this problem specially when I want to use the automatic calculated weights of the seismo-building modeler in its seismostruct model.
Thanks for your attention
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

You can input the reinforcement arrangement that you mentioned with the help of additional rebars.
Regarding the specific weight of concrete, you can easily change it from the Materials module in the main screen of SeismoStruct.
Seismosoft Support
simon1000

Post by simon1000 »

For different reinforcement in complex and very big models, I usualy use equivalent area in building modeler, because it's take a big time to edit sections in seismostruct by additional reinforcement. However, the ability for different arrangment is only a suggestion for seismosoft.
The weight of concrete of slabs are calculate and convert to additional mass element in seismostruct model, so, for other weight like 25 or ... we should edit all of these additional masses. The change of special weight by material tab in seismostruct, only has effect on the wights of beams and columns, not in input weights of building modeller.
Regards.
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

You are right Simon,
We will consider your valid point in the development of subsequent versions.
Regards,
Seismosoft Support

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”