floor reaction

05-Future developments & requests
zthaer

floor reaction

Post by zthaer »

seismostruct team;

what i observe in the result of doing static (non variable load) analysis trying to capture the base reaction of dead and other static load, is that its not available to users to find the intermediate floor reaction forces which is more or less important in calculating the total mass of such floors, and if the user want to lumped that mass for each floor in predefined node. in this case, users are free to make a group for each level of nodes for intermediate floors to have such values ( which is not available in currant edition ).

best;
seismosoft

Re: floor reaction

Post by seismosoft »

Can you not make a group with the columns of each floor and then extract their axial forces in the post-processor?

Seismosoft Support
zthaer

Post by zthaer »

seismosoft team;

its really time consuming , i spent a hour trying to distinguish between each floor's columns after copying to excel( by the way , i have good numbering style of the element connectivity ) making a group in the post processor is much more easier.

best;
seismosoft

Post by seismosoft »

How do you imagine that this can be done in the post-processor?
It is relatively easy to graphically select all the elements you want in the pre-processor (by having the Ctrl button pressed) and create a group with the pop-up menu (accessed with a right click). You can refer to the corresponding video in out YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnyR0j9ehqU
After defining the group, the group elements can be easily selected in the post-processor.
If you feel that there is an easier way, we will be very glad to implement it in a future release.

Seismosoft Support
zthaer

Post by zthaer »

dear seismosoft team;

that is much easier, but i imagine being in selective style much more easier, especially if users are abel to select level of interest based on elevation in post processor, i think the environment of that area of the program is relativity tough to extract information,

best and many thanks;

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”