selecting group of nodes

05-Future developments & requests
zthaer

selecting group of nodes

Post by zthaer »

dear seismostruct team ;

i found the process of selecting nodes in rigid diaphragm (also in selecting nodes to assign for a group) menu is really tough and need much more time in distinguishing the nodes especially if they are not in appropriate order.

i suggest a level-based menu in which user select the level ( say z = 3m) then its automatically turn to the nodes assigned in that level.

best;
ruipinho

Re: selecting group of nodes

Post by ruipinho »

Hi zthaer,

I normally use the following features of the program to ease node/element selection:

- Cut X-Y Planes, in order to visualise only nodes/elements e.g. between z =2 and z=4

- in the 'Nodes' module, click on the Z-column, so as to group together all nodes with e.g. z=3

- use 'Add to Group' from the right-click menu, in order to add the nodes I have previously "ordered" into a group that I can the subsequentely used

I wonder if the above steps will not provide the type of assistance you are alluding to in your message?

Best,

Rui
zthaer

Re: selecting group of nodes

Post by zthaer »

dear Dr.Rui,

that is much better, especially i noted that the order of nodes in the Nodes' module is the same order of the nodes in the menu of selecting a diaphragms.

best,

Return to “05-Future developments & requests”