Slab Loads

03-Analytical/modelling capabilities
emreakin

Slab Loads

Post by emreakin »

I prepared my model in Seismobuild and exported this model into Seismostruct as explained in the tutorials. Everything was fine and I did pushover analysis without any problem. But I could not be sure about the permanent loads. I have already defined dead and live loads on the slab during seismobuild modeling stage. But I could not find these forces in seismostruct after exporting the model (actually there are no slabs in seismostruct and I can not check if these slab loads exist in seismostruct) . Are these dead and live slab loads taken into account in seismostruct after the model is exported from seismobuild? Or should I define the slab loads once again as equivalent distributed loads on the beams in case of seismostruct? Thanks in advance..
emreakin

Re: Slab Loads

Post by emreakin »

I am going to answer the question myself. Yes..all the slab loads (live and dead), different slab thickness values that are defined in seismobuild stage are also present after the model is exported to seismostruct. I checked it by performing Static Analysis (non-variable load) for various values of slab loads and thicknesses defined in seismobuild. The column axial loads alter for each case, as it should be. But I think it would be nice to check these information about slabs (loads and dimensions) in seismostruct. Maybe it can be done, but I do not know how.
seismosoft

Re: Slab Loads

Post by seismosoft »

Thank you Emreakin, we will consider your suggestion in future releases.
Regards,
Seismosoft Support

Return to “03-Analytical/modelling capabilities”